Monday, August 31, 2009

Los Angeles Wildfires




I decided to take some pictures of the wildfires that are in the San Gabriel Mountains at the moment. I was hoping to get better pictures, but these will suffice. The wildfires are currently threatening the communication towers as well as a historical observatory on top of Mount Wilson. Hopefully they will soon be under control! The other night my husband and I walked down our street and we could see flames throughout the mountain ridges. I didn't have my camera, but if we go back out tonight perhaps I can capture some images. For more information about the current wildfires in LA check out the LA TIMES. For a map of the area including where the fire is and where it is heading please click HERE. We are in Pasadena, which is close by, but the fire seems to be heading in the other direction towards Acton. It is pretty scary! For a very cool time lapse of the fire done by anosmicovni check out the video below. I only hope to one day be able to capture something like that. It is amazing! He also has some amazing images on his flickr page of the fire. MUCH better than the ones I have here. I will keep trying though!

I also wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow I am starting my internship in psychology so I will have less time to take pictures and post them on my blog. Although I am excited to start my internship I am sad about having less time for photography! I will still do my best to take pictures as well as peruse all the wonderful photography blogs I have come across.


20 comments:

  1. It is scary when wildfires come so close to home that you can see flames. Good luck with your psychology internship, I'm happy and excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg..... i hope the fire comes under control soon....thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, he has some awesome shots of the fires - I'm so sorry they're burning & I pray to GOD nobody else is hurt & they JUST STOP ALREADY! Jeez!
    Thanks for adding the link for the fire map, I've been looking for one since I saw fire pics on another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your internship, Ashley!

    Hopefully, the fire will be under control soon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the Internship. I wish you great success.

    The wildfires look unreal. It's so amazing something so beautiful can be so deadly and destructive. I pray that everyone will come out of this safe and their homes and businesses will be spared.

    Good luck to all who live in the wildfire area. Stay safe and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must be pretty scary being so close to that fire.
    Good luck with the Internship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Around the world is worrying the fires in the mountains and forests Atlantic, unfortunate in view esso world,
    Efigenia Coutinho

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the comments and well-wishes! This morning there was ash flying around, which was very strange! Luckily by the afternoon the wind changed and the air cleared a little bit. I believe Mount Wilson is still in danger though. I will keep you posted on how things go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley, I hope your area will be safe from these horrible fires. So many have been affected, and for this, I am full of consternation.

    Internship in psychology. Good for you, Ashley. I wish you all the best. I'm sure you'll find some time for photography. It can be a great stress reliever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool images, but wow, that is scary. I hope things are better today.

    I have an award for you on my site. Stop by when you get a chance to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is pretty scary and sad. I have friends that live in downtown LA and as of today they say that the air is getting much better. It happens every year down there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Something like that. It is amazing! He also has some amazing images on his flick page of the fire. MUCH better than the ones have here. will keep trying though

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nearly all and sundry of the community are visiting in that position and there are go to also for the reason that there are interesting and more creative place. This is nice site also we can be find dissimilar types place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning blossom and fascinating in order that can be know that and used in this garden. There are very lovely and more fantastic flower shared and enjoyable we can be visit in that place and take pleasure in it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Los Angeles are as varied as the people they serve. They fall into a few basic categories: Home care, assisted living, skilled nursing facilities.






    billigste forbrukslån

    ReplyDelete
  16. Use common sense when dealing with wildfire smoke-you can put off mowing the lawn for another day is it means that doing so will cost you your health.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The following article lists a few ideas regarding unique places to capture shots with your Los Angeles photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Los angels photo so interesting matter has been shared because in the described the wild fire so that can be know that in this blog and find out it in this photo. Most of the people are very like it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wildfires at San Gabriel Mountains has always been our favorite destination.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really an awesome work, to catch and click the snap of the fire existing place is really tough. It is not an easy job to do. And the data presented by you of the various incident is really helpful for everyone to understand the entire scenario.

    société de référencement

    ReplyDelete